At Albert Park Primary we aim to develop an understanding of the natural world around us, act in an environmentally aware and sustainable manner in all things we do, and lead in the school and broader community.
We are a ResourceSmart School:
- Core Module (2014)
- Energy Module (2015)
- Waste Module (2016)
- Biodiversity Module (currently completing)
- 2019 Greatest Demonstrated Improvement of Green Space
- Victorian Schools Garden Program
- 2018 Sustainable School Award
- 2018 Biodiversity School of the Year
- Sustainable Schools Festival - funded by Port Phillip ecocentre, City of Port Phillip, Bayside City Council and Victoria State Government Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
- 2018 Sustainable Cities Awards - Active Schools Award
- Highly Commended for the Penguin Friendly School Events (waste wise) in partnership with Port Phillip EcoCentre and St Kilda Primary School
- 2019 VSGP - Garden Improvement Grant
- 2018 VSGA Maxicrop – Edible Garden Grant
Our school involves students, teachers, parents and community members in actions that make a positive difference in our local community and our world.
Students are involved in leadership through:
- Grade 6 leadership program - Sustainability Leaders
- Grade 4 - 6 students involved in standalone sustainability community projects
- All students have the opportunity to be a compost, energy or recycling monitor in their class.
- Parent volunteers are part of the Environment Sub-committee and work on projects in Energy, Waste, Biodiversity, Water and events. Parents are always welcome to join us. If you have expertise in any area and are keen to be involved, please contact us.
Community organisations we work with are: